Gas leak probe after couple die

07 Nov 2011

Police believe that a couple whose bodies were found in their Essex home at the weekend could have died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

The married couple, who were in their 50s, were found dead by their sons at their home on Bruce Grove in Wickford.

Emergency services attended the scene and their deaths were confirmed on Sunday morning. The deaths are being treated as unexplained but not suspicious, an Essex Police spokesman said.

He added: "The deaths are not being treated as suspicious but the home is being preserved for a detailed examination to try and establish the circumstances surrounding the deaths."

Speculation that the couple died from carbon monoxide poisoning has surfaced after an ambulance service spokeswoman confirmed that a hazardous area response team has been called in to investigate.

Copyright Press Association 2011



« Back