Fast food panic after Wycombe fire

07 Nov 2012

Workers at a fast food outlet in Buckinghamshire have revealed their panic after fire from an adjacent takeaway swept through the property.

Firefighters were called to the scene after a blaze broke out at the Roosters Piri Piri restaurant in Oxford Street, High Wycombe, at around 10pm on Saturday November 3.

The fire started when Roosters staff were cooking a chicken and the fat caused the grill to ignite before reportedly spreading to the canopy above it.

Kemal Demir, who was working at Dennis's Kebab Centre next door to Roosters, said: "I called the fire engine. They already knew about it. There was a bit of panic."

Mr Demir expressed concerns about the fire spreading to the kebab shop and made sure he switched the gas off before people were evacuated from the premises.

Staff and customers in both fast food outlets were made to wait for a couple of hours while smoke left the building, but Demir praised the fire crews for their swift response.

Copyright Press Association 2012



« Back