Baby taken to hospital after fire

30 Oct 2012

A woman and her three-month-old baby had to be taken to hospital after a pub caught fire in Northamptonshire last Thursday.

The blaze broke out in the bar and lounge area on the ground floor of the Red Lion Inn in Brixworth at approximately 6.20am on October 25 and the mother and baby were among a number of people upstairs at the time.

It took firefighters from Northampton and Moulton around 20 minutes to put the fire out after they had broken the door down to get in and the woman and baby, who are now said to be relatively unharmed, were taken to hospital as a precaution.

The pub was not brought under control until roughly 7.45am and the building was severely damaged by the heat, smoke and flames.

The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 states that all commercial properties in England and Wales must have a 'suitable and sufficient' fire risk assessment.

And a two-year jail sentence or unlimited fine can be handed to the Responsible Person if the legislation is not complied with.

Copyright Press Association 2012



« Back